We are going to take this opportunity to switch over to the new rule set. That will be the 2021 Rules. Please make sure you have downloaded the free rules and familiarized yourself with any changes.
Here’s a link: https://www.scca.com/downloads/53335-2021-scca-solo-rule-book/download
As we count down the days to our first race of 2021, please review our new Covid safety guidelines for Grid.
The grid layout itself is not physically different from how it has been, we just need to ask drivers to please park in the grid as shown in the diagram below. This will help us maintain the mandated social distancing measures to keep our events running in compliance.
See you all in about a week!
Covid Grid Guidlines
Aloha SCCA Hawaii Drivers!
The Oahu Solo Chiefs are very happy to announce the restart of our Solo Events at Aloha Stadium! Under the City and County of Honolulu’s current re-opening plan, our SCCA events fall under “Other Commercial Attractions”, which are allowed to be in operation. The first set of dates are January 31 and February 7. Check our 2021 Event & Pre-reg schedule here
But before you do, it is extremely important for you to read through the information in this email AND in the COVID Safety Guidelines that will be implement at our events as while they are similar, things will not always operate as they have recently, or for the last 5, 10, 20, or 40 years that you’ve been autocrossing! It is everyone’s responsibility to social distance and take the necessary precautions to prevent the spread of COVID. The Chiefs have worked very hard to keep our members as safe as possible and to allow us to host events in compliance with City, County and State standards. We need your help to be successful. This means read all the info!
The information below is meant to elaborate on event logistics and the HI Solo COVID Safety Guidelines:
- Events Basics
- Pre-Registration Only (No Walk Ups)
- $50 Pre-Reg SCCA Member
- $65 Pre-Reg Non-SCCA Member
- Registration Limited to 80 Drivers
- Only drivers who have previously attended our event will be registered for 1/31/21. This is to help ensure our new COVID protocols are implemented fully and efficiently.
- Registrants will only be approved AFTER your experience credentials have been verified.
- Registration fees will be charged AFTER the event
- R/W Order will be released the Friday prior to event
- Events will be standalone & timed results will be issued (No Championship Points)
- Bring your own PPE (Hand Sanitizer, Mask, Wipes, Gloves)
- Loaner Helmets will not be available
- Restricted Event Entry
- Only pre-approved drivers and essential workers will be granted entry
- Entry/exit will be limited– No in & out once you arrive
- Bring your food, leaving to buy lunch/snack will not be permitted
- Tech & Numbers
- Driver performs checks from inside vehicle with Tech Inspector witnessing at 6’ distance
- Tech Inspectors will check items outside the vehicle
- Drivers will be sent the SCCA Solo Tech Sheet with your pre-registration confirmation to prepare for our new tech system
- All drivers must bring their own Rulebook compliant numbers
- Painters tape will not be available or allowed as use for numbers/letters
- Co-Drivers & Fun Runs
- Fun Runs will be held (time permitting) but no passengers at this time
- Co-Drivers are only allowed with members of your direct household and those consenting and registered as official co-drivers
- Co-Drivers not from the same household shall practice all social distancing guidelines and maintain enhanced sanitation of shared equipment
- Work Assignments
- Disinfectant Wipes will be available for all assignments with shared equipment
- Workers must wipe down equipment between Heats
- Workers are strongly encouraged to bring your own hand sanitizers to your assignment!
- COVID Requirements (including but not limited to)
- Anyone with temperature > 100.4 will be not be granted entry
- Masks must be worn at all times when outside of vehicle
- Paddocks must have one stall between vehicles within the same bubble
- Bubbles are defined as within your same household or immediate family
- Tents are allowed in your Paddock space for your bubble member’s use
- Disinfectant Wipes will be kept at the porta-potties for safety before/after each use
- Please help us by wiping seat, door handles, and other commonly touched areas after each use!
- A trash can will be provided for safe disposal of used wipes. DO NOT FLUSH THEM!
- Porta-potties will be sanitized with dilute bleach solution at the start of each heat
- Perception in the Media
- If you plan to take photographs or video, be cognizant and respectful of both SCCA Hawaii and our drivers. Perception is real even when it is not reality, so be mindful of how actions (during and after an event) can reflect on the club.
- Be aware that some photos can be misconstrued and jeopardize future events.
Now that you’ve read through this email, (good job!), please review our COVID Safety Guidelines for additional, important details.
See you at the races,
SCCA Hawaii Solo Chairperson
Aloha SCCA Hawaii Solo Drivers,
It is with a very heavy heart that I report the cancellation of the remainder of our 2020 events due to the restrictions set by the City’s Reopening Strategy on Outdoor Sports and the Stadium’s occupancy of the Lower Halawa Lot through the beginning of January 2021 for the drive-thru Christmas light show.
The SCCA Chiefs are working extermely hard to find ways to reopen Solo events and keep our State safe by following the City’s Tiered Plan. We are also exploring ways to obtain an exemption to hold our events since our sport lends to an extremely COVID friendly event. If you would like to submit testimony to support our efforts, please email me and Mike using this link.
Thank you all for your continued understanding, support, and perseverance to get our events going. Please continue to do your part to get the State to Tier 4 so we can get back on the track! Until then… stay safe, sane, and keep those cars running!
SCCA Hawaii Solo Chairperson
Aloha SCCA Hawaii Solo Drivers,
It is with a heavy heart that I report the cancellation of our October 2020 events due to the latest update from the City’s Reopening Strategy.
While I haven’t seen anything formally released by the State, the City’s Reopening Strategy shows that our event would fall under the “Outdoor Sports” category, which is limited to 5 people in Tier 1-2, 10 people in Tier 3, and 25 people in Tier 4. This means we are unable to hold any events in Tiers 1-3. For Tier 4, we may be able to If we hold (2) separate events in one day, which may work if we significantly limit our entrants. The Stadium has confirmed this interpretation of the City’s guidelines and looks forward to discussing event strategies when we approach Tier 4.
I’m super bummed that we are unable to hold our events until late in the City’s Reopening Plans. Thank you all for your understanding, support, and continued perseverance to get our events going. The Solo Chiefs made several large planning & preparation steps towards holding an event amidst the COVID pandemic and I do not consider our work lost efforts. We are now better prepared to organize an event when the opportunity presents itself.
Please continue to do your part to get the State to Tier 4 so we can get back on the track! Until then… stay safe, sane, and keep those cars running!
SCCA Hawaii Solo Chairperson
Due to the effects of COVID, the Stadium is keeping the unused rental cars in the Lower Halawa Parking Lot through September 2020. As such, we must cancel Race #4 (9/20/2020).
There is a high probability that there will be more cancellations due to the uncertainty of the COVID climate. We have not found an alternative location to hold our events on Oahu and with COVID cases rising and the likelihood of State/City mandated lockdowns, we may not be able to hold our events even with a venue to do so. I am cancelling Solo events on a month-to-month basis with the hope of holding some sort of event in 2020 and will keep everyone updated accordingly.
If you haven’t already heard, the SCCA Solo National Championships were cancelled yesterday. Most of us who were planning to attend recently decided to cancel our plans ahead of this announcement, so this definitely confirmed that our decision was sound. Our last CLM Grant recipient, Ryan Sato, will be able redeem his grant earnings in 2021 and experience Solo Nationals without the cloud of COVID. Thank you to Amy Lee for extending the Grant timeframe.
For those of you who purchased a CLM Shirt, they are in print as we speak and I will send a separate email to coordinate delivery/pickup in a safe manner.
Thank you to all the Solo Chiefs & Crew members for their input, dedication, and commitment to our SCCA Ohana. Until we meet again on the track, stay healthy, safe, and sane!
Please review our updated event schedule here: http://www.sccahawaii.org/2020-condensed-season-event-schedule-pre-reg-dates/
All August events have been cancelled. Please review our updated event schedule here: http://www.sccahawaii.org/2020-condensed-season-event-schedule-pre-reg-dates/
Keep an eye out for an upcoming announcement regarding our situation and future events.
Solo Spec Coupe (SSC) is no longer a supplementary class and is now an official class. If you are interested in running in SSC, please review the rules below. With a spec class being a new thing in Hawaii region, please be aware that there are many restrictions on modifications. The idea is for every car to be identical.
Check out the SCCA National COVID-19 Event Guidelines for Rally/Solo Events. While we are unable to host Solo events on Oahu due to venue limitations, we look forward to getting up and running again soon. Updates will be emailed & posted when available. Until then, keep your sanity and stay in touch virtually. We are on Facebook and always available by email!
Click here for Covid-19 Event Guidelines
Click here for SCCA Hawaii’s Facebook Page
Click here for SCCA Hawaii’s Instagram Page
It is with extreme sadness to report that Aloha Stadium will be shutting down until mid-May 2020 due to the COVID-19 status. As such, I must cancel Race #12 (3/29/2020) and our Championship Runoff (4/12/2020).
The 2019-2020 season Points Championship results will be based on current standings with a qualification minimum of 5 events in the same class. Currently, our Annual Awards Banquet plans are on hold until the COVID-19 virus is contained and life can resume to normal.
Please contact me with questions and keep each other safe from a distance.