We are going to take this opportunity to switch over to the new rule set. That will be the 2021 Rules. Please make sure you have downloaded the free rules and familiarized yourself with any changes.
Here’s a link: https://www.scca.com/downloads/53335-2021-scca-solo-rule-book/download
As we count down the days to our first race of 2021, please review our new Covid safety guidelines for Grid.
The grid layout itself is not physically different from how it has been, we just need to ask drivers to please park in the grid as shown in the diagram below. This will help us maintain the mandated social distancing measures to keep our events running in compliance.
See you all in about a week!
Covid Grid Guidlines
Aloha SCCA Hawaii Drivers!
The Oahu Solo Chiefs are very happy to announce the restart of our Solo Events at Aloha Stadium! Under the City and County of Honolulu’s current re-opening plan, our SCCA events fall under “Other Commercial Attractions”, which are allowed to be in operation. The first set of dates are January 31 and February 7. Check our 2021 Event & Pre-reg schedule here
But before you do, it is extremely important for you to read through the information in this email AND in the COVID Safety Guidelines that will be implement at our events as while they are similar, things will not always operate as they have recently, or for the last 5, 10, 20, or 40 years that you’ve been autocrossing! It is everyone’s responsibility to social distance and take the necessary precautions to prevent the spread of COVID. The Chiefs have worked very hard to keep our members as safe as possible and to allow us to host events in compliance with City, County and State standards. We need your help to be successful. This means read all the info!
The information below is meant to elaborate on event logistics and the HI Solo COVID Safety Guidelines:
- Events Basics
- Pre-Registration Only (No Walk Ups)
- $50 Pre-Reg SCCA Member
- $65 Pre-Reg Non-SCCA Member
- Registration Limited to 80 Drivers
- Only drivers who have previously attended our event will be registered for 1/31/21. This is to help ensure our new COVID protocols are implemented fully and efficiently.
- Registrants will only be approved AFTER your experience credentials have been verified.
- Registration fees will be charged AFTER the event
- R/W Order will be released the Friday prior to event
- Events will be standalone & timed results will be issued (No Championship Points)
- Bring your own PPE (Hand Sanitizer, Mask, Wipes, Gloves)
- Loaner Helmets will not be available
- Restricted Event Entry
- Only pre-approved drivers and essential workers will be granted entry
- Entry/exit will be limited– No in & out once you arrive
- Bring your food, leaving to buy lunch/snack will not be permitted
- Tech & Numbers
- Driver performs checks from inside vehicle with Tech Inspector witnessing at 6’ distance
- Tech Inspectors will check items outside the vehicle
- Drivers will be sent the SCCA Solo Tech Sheet with your pre-registration confirmation to prepare for our new tech system
- All drivers must bring their own Rulebook compliant numbers
- Painters tape will not be available or allowed as use for numbers/letters
- Co-Drivers & Fun Runs
- Fun Runs will be held (time permitting) but no passengers at this time
- Co-Drivers are only allowed with members of your direct household and those consenting and registered as official co-drivers
- Co-Drivers not from the same household shall practice all social distancing guidelines and maintain enhanced sanitation of shared equipment
- Work Assignments
- Disinfectant Wipes will be available for all assignments with shared equipment
- Workers must wipe down equipment between Heats
- Workers are strongly encouraged to bring your own hand sanitizers to your assignment!
- COVID Requirements (including but not limited to)
- Anyone with temperature > 100.4 will be not be granted entry
- Masks must be worn at all times when outside of vehicle
- Paddocks must have one stall between vehicles within the same bubble
- Bubbles are defined as within your same household or immediate family
- Tents are allowed in your Paddock space for your bubble member’s use
- Disinfectant Wipes will be kept at the porta-potties for safety before/after each use
- Please help us by wiping seat, door handles, and other commonly touched areas after each use!
- A trash can will be provided for safe disposal of used wipes. DO NOT FLUSH THEM!
- Porta-potties will be sanitized with dilute bleach solution at the start of each heat
- Perception in the Media
- If you plan to take photographs or video, be cognizant and respectful of both SCCA Hawaii and our drivers. Perception is real even when it is not reality, so be mindful of how actions (during and after an event) can reflect on the club.
- Be aware that some photos can be misconstrued and jeopardize future events.
Now that you’ve read through this email, (good job!), please review our COVID Safety Guidelines for additional, important details.
See you at the races,
SCCA Hawaii Solo Chairperson