Access to Information and Privacy (Atip) Online Request Consent Form

The Government of Canada`s Freedom of Information and Privacy Offices have currently reduced their operational capacity due to exceptional measures taken to contain the spread of the novel coronavirus (COVID-19). As a result, there will be delays in responding to requests filed under the Access to Information Act and the Privacy Act during this period. The Services will continue to make all reasonable efforts to respond to requests in accordance with current operational conditions. Thank you in advance for your patience and understanding during this time. A formal request is a written request to the government agency that controls the registration, indicating that you are requesting access under one of the statutes (the Access to Information Act or the Privacy Act). Requests made in accordance with the Access to Information Act must be processed and sent by mail or fax (343-291-7012) as follows: To obtain the personal data of another person, you must give their written consent to receive their personal data. Consent can be given by: However, if you request information contained in your own sponsorship file, you must submit an application under data protection law and there will be no fees. Consent must be dated and signed by the person giving consent. There is an application fee of $5.00 for each formal request filed only under the Access to Information Act (VISA, MasterCard or American Express, money order or cheque, payable to the Receiver General for Canada). In both cases, you will have to pay the $5 fee because you are making an access to information request and not a request for personal data. Select the “Request General Records” button below if you wish to make this type of request, and be sure to indicate in the details of the request that you are intentionally making an ITA request for personal information.

Note: Credit card payments are only accepted via the ATIP online application tool. If you pay the registration fee by cheque or money order, you must send your application by mail. Personal data about persons held by state institutions for the purpose of managing programs and services. (Available under data protection law). There are a few exceptions. Access to Information and Privacy: 1-877-566-8609 (toll-free) If you reside in Charlottetown, PE: 902-370-4852 Email: Fax: 1-902-368-0496 To make a request under the Access to Information Act or the Privacy Act, you must be a Canadian citizen, a permanent resident of Canada or a person or business currently residing in Canada. Some informal requests may be processed at the place of origin. Additional fees may apply for the processing of requests under the Access to Information Act. Additional fees may apply for research and preparation time of more than five hours and sharing packages in other formats.

These fees are collected in accordance with section 11 of the Access to Information Act and are described in the Access to Information Regulations. It is the CBSA`s practice to waive the reproduction fee and make the entire version available on a CD if necessary. Canadian citizens, permanent residents and anyone residing in Canada may file an application under the Privacy Act. Most government information is available. Significant exceptions are Cabinet documents and information that could be harmful to the security or economy of Canada, federal-provincial relations or international affairs. Information about individuals may only be disclosed with their consent or if it is in the public interest. Individuals may receive their personal data in accordance with data protection law. Yes, you can get someone`s personal information if they died at least 20 years ago.

You must provide reasonable proof of death, for example: Any request filed under the Access to Information Act requires a request fee of $5.00. An applicant can pay either by credit card through the online payment service of the ITP Online Application Tool or by cheque or money order payable to the Receiver General for Canada for inquiries by mail. Additional charges may also apply if copying, computer processing or additional research and preparation time is required. (The first five hours of research and preparation are free). In the case of formal requests made in accordance with data protection law, we have 30 days to respond to them. However, this period may be extended by a maximum of 30 days if: If you submit an application electronically, you must do so via the ATIP online application tool. Once you have answered the questions, the request will be automatically sent to IRCC`s Freedom of Information and Privacy Department. In addition, access to information requests to the CBSA can be emailed to

Please note that all requests related to the processing of a particular request must be addressed to the person responsible for processing your request and must refer to the request number assigned to him by our office in your correspondence. Using ATIP`s online application service is a faster, easier and more convenient way to provide access to information or privacy requests. Apply online today to save time. If an individual has been deceased for less than 20 years, only the following individuals can obtain their personal information: Note: If you request personal information that is not your own, you must give your consent to share the information. .